Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hare Hare

Remember sidewalk chalk?

Did you ever think of grinding it up and throwing it on people?

So did I.

Well my childhood dream came true. I went to the Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna Temple.

My theory is that they literally threw thousands of sidewalk chalk sticks into a giant grinder and sold bags of the result to some crazed Utahns who just couldnt wait to cake their lungs with the beautiful stuff.





All at once (for the most part) everyone throws their bags of powder into the air to create a colorful cloud. As it falls, or as it is thrown at you, it gets in your eyes, up your nose, down your throat, and down your shirt.

It's amazing!

You feel the powder on your teeth for the rest of te night. If this doesn't sound fun to you....DON'T GO.
People will rub up against you and pour extra powder on you. Believe me, I was one of those annoying people. If I saw a clean shirt near me I immediately made a new friend (or enemy) and went to hug them.
Funniest moment of the night: Let me set up the scene for you. People no farther than elbow distance away from you in every direction. Even up. I swear half the crowd were on the shoulders of others. So naturally I had to do something. So I stuck an empty powder bag in the top of a girl's pants.

BEST PART....she felt something, so she reached back to tuck her shirt in and tucked the bag into her pants completely.

I may be a tad juvenile to think it was so funny, but then so was everyone else around me. Because simultaneously about 12 people busted up in laughter. Good Stuff. Rich. That's what she gets for wearing hip huggers while sitting on some bloke's shoulders.

Oh...also....if you don't like human beings falling on your head....DON'T GO. I think I may have a concussion from a crowd surfer who didn't want to surf any longer.







We went to Wingers and to a movie looking just like this. Yep. Seriously.
Lessons learned from that night:
1. Meet up with friends before you step onto the Hare Krishna Temple grounds. There is no hope finding eachother after that. Hopeless. Sucky.
2. Don't wear heels to the Festival of Colors. All hills.
3. Chalk powder dyes blonde hair. Watch out blondies.
4. Wear a helmet.











5 comments:

  1. Hey Bree! I found your blog!! I hope you dont mind if I keep reading! Looks like the chalk festival was WAY fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when you promised to blog once a week?
    I do....

    ReplyDelete