Friday, February 13, 2009

A Get-Together Of Sorts

As we go through the awkward phase of getting to know each other we need to share major details of our lives. I am divorced. No need for condolences, I am fine. As I am sure a lot of you may know (because you yourself have been divorced or you know someone who has been divorced) it is not an easy thing to go through.

Frustrating.



Heart-breaking.



Weird.



Lonely.



Relieving.



Want to punch someone.



Want to kiss someone.



Just want a hug.



I'm telling you, it is a horrible feeling and a very different feeling than anything I have ever or think I will ever have to feel. ever. I hope.



But for those who know me, you know I am not one to sit around and sulk. Especially in front of people. That is not me. It never has been.



So one day my sister threw out the idea of a "divorce party" as a joke. I thought about it and realized that could be a great idea! Not to bash marriage or to bash my recently deemed ex-husband but to laugh instead of cry, to show people that I will be ok, to celebrate a new stage in my life. Think of the positive. Glass half full kind of crap. Not in a negative way at all. But if you want to go ahead and think that I am a horrible person be my guest. You go right ahead and judge me. I'm sure it's not the first time you've done it. wow. That got a little tense there. On to more happy notes! :)



So the party. It was a blast! I loved it. A bunch of friends and family went out to dinner then went back to the house and played a photo scavenger hunt. hilarious! My amazing sister and mom came up with some doozies to find. For example, a picture with Bree's first kiss or how about a picture of Bree's favorite book. Nothin' like knocking on an ex-boyfriends front door when you haven't seen them for years. Thrilling. My team won of course.



Then we went back to the house and let it all out with some karaoke! Karaoke and I have a thing going on right now. A bit of a winter fling if you will. But if things go well we may be able to keep this going till summer. :) Who knows, we will see.



Love the sister and the mom for doing this! And love all those who came. Love you to the core.



To throw in a thrifty tid bit. Here is a picture from that special night and my boss (not like my superior at work, a descriptive word to describe something amazing!) scarf I found at a thrift store that came straight from heaven.





Peace.

6 comments:

  1. i like you very mucho- divorced and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh- I'm re mad that we missed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok clarification time for dear Hen Pecks. If you count up the tallies...yes her team did win. But it is like winning the olympics while you are on steroids. You get your metal taken away. You big cheaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo sad I missed it!

    Thanks for coming to the airport, I missed you so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! HI! HI!

    you came out of now where!!! I randomly clicked on the 'followers' of my blog & was so honored to see this was YOU!

    I'm sad I missed that divorce party too.

    But I'm so grateful you have a blog! And I'm so grateful you shared your feelings. It's good for me to have your insight. And I'm grateful you have such a supportive family. And I'm grateful I know you & I hope I see you in person soon.

    ReplyDelete