Monday, March 2, 2009

Ode to Mal

OK! Time for Mal!

Oh Mal, where do I start. Mal is my best friend. And to a higher degree of best friendness than you and your best friend. I can say that because odds are you and your best friend have not been through as much as the two of us have.

And if you have, thumbs up to you. Honestly, I dont really care.

Since the age of 10 Mal has been a special part of my life. Even when she was my arch enemy in every sense of the word. Yes. We were not friends in high school. Not even close to friends! But we grew up.

Thank goodness.

My Mally has had some big life changing things happen in the last week. Mal got married. Mal and Nick were wed for time and all eternity last week. They had pretty much the closest think to a shot gun wedding that you can get with still being married in the LDS temple. Minimalistic. Beautiful. No big dress, no flowers, no reception, none of it. But there is one thing she did have. And that was a photographer. Meet Ashley!







(Love her!)
I couldn't help but cry as we waited for Mal and Nick to come out of the temple. Or when they were married, or when Sue made her little speech at lunch, or when I drove away from the restaurant. Blah, blah, blah. I cry ok! (I can see Meg nodding with big eyes and puckered lips as she reads this. She thinks it's funny that I cry. haha Love you Meg!)
Anyway, back to waiting at the temple.
Here is adorable Haley with her bun in the oven. The little Hall addition is finally starting to show! Love it.
The Peterson girls (minus the guest of honor)with their dear daddy.




And the long awaited moment. Mal and Nick with smiles that didn't fade for the rest of the day. What a good lookin' couple!



Sorry if the pictures are kind of blurry. That's what happens when you take pictures from a far off distance and try to zoom in.










Not even 48 hours after they were married, the happy couple flew home. To Israel. Yeah to Israel. Nick is there for work. And naturally, Mal went with him.





I love you, Mal! Miss you!









2 comments: