Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is a Ditz?

While waiting patiently in the Park Cirty Walmart for Shannon, Fallon and Shelley to check-out, Whitney and I look at drinks. Out of no where I get a sharp jab to my ribs by Whitney's elbow. I turn and see a HUGE man standing not 10 feet away from us. I mean HUGE! He had to duck to get out of the walmart sliding doors. The industrial doors that you could drive a truck through, yeah those doors. He had to duck to get out those doors.

So being the girls that we are, we followed after him trying to get a picture of him. None of them were working, so in desperation I ran up to his truck as he was driving away and knocked on his window.

B: Hi. So sorry to ask this, but could we take a picture with you?
M: Sure.

(Huge man gets out of vehicle.)

B: Thanks. I'm sure you hate this sort of thing.
M: No it's fine.
B: Well hi, nice to meet you! What is your name?
M: My name? (man seems very confused)
B: uh huh.
M: Mark.
B: Well nice to meet you Mark. My name is Bree.
M: Nice to meet you Bree.

(Whitney walks up)

W: Hi, I'm Whitney
M: Mark.
W: So how tall are you Mark?
M: 7'4"
W: Oh cool. Have you ever played basketball?
M: Yeah I used to play basketball.
W and B: oh cool.
W: Where did you play?
M: I used to play for a little team downtown.
W: Oh BYU?
M: No
W: UVSC?
M: haha No.
B: The Jazz?
M: Yeah. The Jazz
B and W: Oh cool.

(Picture Time)

B: Thanks Mark!
M: No problem.
W: yeah thank you!
B: Nice to meet you. Bye.

(He drives away.)

As we rejoin our group, Shannon says:

S. That was Mark Eaton!
B: Who's that?
S: He played for the jazz!

To sum things up, apparently Mark Eaton is a ver well know retired professional basketball player. Neither Whitney or I knew that, so of course we made fools of ourselves. I really hope Mark laughed that off instead of realizing the fact that we had no idea who he was and we just wanted a picture of the huge-mongous human being.

I am horribly insensitive.

For comparison sake, I am 5'5" and wearing heels in this picture.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I love this story even more now that i see the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
    You are so funny!! I love that you didn't know who he was! You are such a dork!! Love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy $#!*. He is so tall!!!!

    And yes Mark Eaton is famous. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I'm 4'11"! ... haha I would be so scared of that man! :) I didn't know he was famous either! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like mother - like daughter...

    ReplyDelete